Mobile Website Design
The rise of mobile usage is no surprise anymore. People are attached to their mobile devices, and mobile use from a personal users and business user’s perspective is growing.
With the increase in mobile usage, to years ago Google began to crack down on non mobile-friendly websites and penalize them in the search engine rankings. Google has made it a requirement that all websites must be mobile-friendly in order to maximize rankings. This means your website must be built and optimized to work well on any mobile device (developed in a mobile responsive format and or as a mobile website application).
What Should You Do If Your Website Is Not Mobile-Friendly
- Full Website Redesign: If you had been planning on doing a full website redesign then make sure you develop your new website in a responsive website design.
- Retrofit Your Current Site to Responsive: In the event that you are not prepared to do a create a new website, then you should try to retrofit your current website as soon as possible.
- Build a Mobile Website: Mobile websites are built specifically for mobile devices. They take the place of your website when your website is searched via a mobile device.
Call us Now to Find out More 888-874-9015
Key Mobile Website Design Stats
- Users are 5x more likely to leave a website that is not mobile friendly - (Google Small Business)
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly-designed mobile site. (socPub)
- 80% of social media time is spent on a mobile device. (comScore).
- 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine --but 33% go directly to the site they want. (Smart Insights)
- By 2018 American adults are expected to spend on average 3 hours and 23 minutes on non-voice mobile media (eMarketer)